1. COPYRIGHTS: By uploading your song, music and/or lyrics, on the NEXT MUSIC ICON site, and/or other public websites, you are assigning a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to display your work including songs, lyrics and any associated art, as well as your likeness, name, voice and any trademarks or intellectual property submitted pursuant to a contestant’s entry into the NEXT MUSIC ICON ARTIST CONTEST. NEXT MUSIC ICON claims no ownership interest in your song, music and/or lyrics, or to any copyrights related to the same, however NEXT MUSIC ICON shall have the right to display your work for the purposes of promoting NEXT MUSIC ICON in perpetuity without any additional payments to artists. All contestants herein waive any moral rights claims associated with any user generated content uploaded to any NEXT MUSIC ICON platform(s). All artist entrants should procure proper copyright or similar rights registrations in their territory of residence. NEXT MUSIC ICON will not be held responsible for the use, exploitation or any related infringements arising from any user generated content submitted to NEXT MUSIC ICON.
2. UNISGNED ARTISTS ONLY: As allowing artists signed to deals with major labels would present an unfair advantage in comparison to unsigned artist entrants, NEXT MUSIC ICON limits participation in any ARTIST CONTESTS to independent “unsigned” artists. Artists entering Contest shall not be contractually obligated to the following labels, their subsidiaries or affiliates: Sony BMG; Universal Music Group; EMI; or Warner Music Group.
3. ORIGINAL CONTENT ONLY: All user generated content submissions must constitute original work copyrightable by the artist submitting. Proof of valid copyright ownership and/or registration in the appropriate territory may be requested from artists for participation. All winners will be required to sign affidavits regarding the same. NO COVER SONGS ALLOWED.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect personal information provided to us on the Sites. These steps are intended to protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet transmission is completely secure or error-free and despite our efforts to protect personal information, there always remains a possibility or risk of unauthorized access. Our Sites may contain links to other web sites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age online.
If you are accessing our Sites from outside the United States, by providing your information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your information to the United States for processing and maintenance in accordance with this Policy. You are also consenting to the application of United States law and jurisdiction in all matters.
Users who have registered to participate in the NEXT MUSIC ICON platform may deactivate their account at any time by notifying us using the contact information below. If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information you provided to us is not correct and you cannot change it by accessing your account, or should you wish to have your email address removed from our mailing list please contact us at:
NEXT MUSIC ICON
PO Box 571
Rockmart, Georgia 30153
5. AGE REQUIREMENTS: Residents of all countries worldwide over the age of eighteen (18) years or older or thirteen (13) years of age with Parental/Legal Guardian consent to participate. Contestant age is considered as of the promotion start date, and contestants should have access to Internet at all times during the Contest Period (as defined below) and subsequent Prize Award period (as defined below).
6. RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTIST CONTEST: The NEXT MUSIC ICON platform to submit original user generated content is open to residents of all countries worldwide, however only contestants who can prove legal residency in the United States and District of Columbia, U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations, the United Kingdom excluding Northern Ireland, Canada and Australia are eligible to win cash awards. Furthermore, the artist contest is void within the following states located in the United States: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut for any awards over two hundred ($200) dollars, Iowa, Maryland and North Dakota, and is VOID ELSEWHERE IF PROHIBITED BY ANY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW. Contestant residents in Canada may be required to answer an additional skill question prior to the award of any Artist or Fan Cash.
7. RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR FAN CASH GIVEAWAY: Residents of all countries may participate in the NEXT MUSIC ICON platform, however only contestants who can prove legal residency in the United States and District of Columbia, U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations, the United Kingdom excluding Northern Ireland, Canada and Australia are eligible to win cash awards, and the Fan Cash Giveaway is VOID ELSEWHERE IF PROHIBITED BY ANY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW. Contestant residents in Canada will be required to answer an additional skill question prior to the award of any Artist or Fan Cash. Contestant age is considered as of the promotion start date, and contestants should have access to Internet at all times during the Contest Period (as defined below) and subsequent Prize Award period (as defined below).
8. FAIR PLAY: Participants acknowledge and agree to make efforts to respect the principles of Fair Play. Participants must refrain from any dishonest and unfair conduct even if these activities are not fully described within the framework of the Contest rules. Such activities include, but are not limited to: creating phantom or illegitimate profiles to create fraudulent votes, spamming in private messages and/or comments, any kind of manipulations with popularity, votes or any other relevant statistics, and including but not limited to any other activities used to get an unfair advantage over other Participants. Any behaviors that constitute unfair play or vote farming may result in disqualification and shall be determined in the sole discretion of NEXT MUSIC ICON.
9. NO OFFENSIVE USER GENERATED CONTENT ALLOWED: All artist participants hereby agree that on videos and all other audiovisual content uploaded to their profile, no graphic violence or nudity is allowed. All offensive material, including that uploaded onto profiles as pictures, videos or any other related materials as well as in regards to any musical content, is strictly prohibited. Any violations will result in the material being removed by Next Music Icon may result in removal from the NEXT MUSIC ICON platform. The offensive or appropriate nature of any and all materials is subject to the sole discretion of Next Music Icon.
10. NEXT MUSIC ICON PAYEEZYACCOUNT REQUIRED FOR ARTIST CONTESTANTS: All Artist Contestants agree to establish and maintain a valid NEXT MUSIC ICON PAYEEZY account in order to receive compensation for music sold on the NEXT MUSIC ICON platform, to enter artist skill competitions and to become a “Featured Artist.”
11. NO GUARANTEES OF SUCCESS OR CASH EARNINGS: NEXT MUSIC ICON does not guarantee that any participant in the Artist Contest will be the Next Music Icon or than any specific fan will win the Fan Cash Giveaway. All results are fan driven, based on judgments of skill as the Next Music Icon for the Artist Contest and based on number of entrants for the free Fan sweepstakes. No Next Music Icon personnel will be involved in the voting or recipient of any cash award pursuant to the Next Music Icon platforms.
12. All employees of NEXT MUSIC ICON LLC and its parent corporation, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, prize providers, contractors or agents (all the foregoing, together with the Sponsor collectively hereinafter shall be referred to as NEXT MUSIC ICON), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Artist Contest and/or Fan Cash Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.